Pamela Fruechting is a board-certified family nurse practitioner specializing in clinical and surgical orthopedics since 1997. She is one of the few nurse practitioners in the United States who holds the specialty certification, ONP-C, Orthopaedic Nurse Practitioner-Certified.
Dr. Fruechting's special interest in orthopedic complications motivated her to contribute to the development of high quality orthopedic nursing care, orthopedic nursing education, and orthopedic testing standards. These efforts include:
- Active membership in the National Association of Orthopaedic Nurses (NAON) where Dr. Fruechting is a webinar writer and presenter on orthopedic topics for nurse practitioners.
- Serving as a reviewer for exam content, authoring test questions, and analyzing test items for the Orthopaedic Nurse Practitioner certification examination, which is administered by the Orthopaedic Nurses Certification Board (ONCB).
- Authoring orthopedic test questions for the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners Certification Program (AANPCP) certification examination. The AANPCP certification is recognized by all states, Medicare, Medicaid, the Veterans Administration, and most private insurance companies.
- Appointment as a manuscript reviewer for Orthopaedic Nursing, the official journal of the National Association of Orthopaedic Nurses.
As Assistant Professor in the graduate nursing program at Georgetown University, School of Nursing and Health Services, Dr. Fruechting taught Research Methods and Biostatistics for Healthcare Professionals and Professional Aspects of Advanced Nursing Practice.
Dr. Fruechting provides expert witness testimony for plaintiff and defense cases, evaluation of merit, and medical record review. See Sample Cases.
Areas of expertise include:
- Orthopedic Complications
- Compartment syndrome
- Deep vein thrombosis
- Post-surgical care
- Patient monitoring errors
- Failure to notify the physician
- Clinical and Surgical Orthopedic Nursing (nurse practitioners and registered nurses)
See Case Topics.
Please call for a complete CV and to discuss your case.